There are a number of good how-to guides out there which detail explicit instructions and information on how to create different projects in OpenOffice.
- How to Write a Thesis in OpenOffice [PDF]
This is not only good for a thesis, but for any general writing (especially for academic use, like assignments and reports).
- How to Work with Sections [PDF]
A guide on setting up pages and section formats in Writer
- How to Do Project Management Gantt Charts in Calc [PDF]
This is a good technique for those that can”t afford Microsoft Project or are unable to use some of the Microsoft-based software for Project Management
- The Lazy User”s Guide to OpenOffice
Includes information on setting up indexes (fro Tables of Contents), using page numbering, and formatting title pages
- How to Manipulate Images Using Draw
A ”Vide” style presentation to show you some image manipulation techniques for OpenOffice.