Once again I caught up on my reading of blogs and linked tweets over the weekend (geez, I love Flipboard!) and I’ve noted these ones for tackling any office software (Microsoft, Apple or Open Source) related projects. From installing fonts, creating pivot tables and syncing documents with Google Docs… check it out!
- How to sync your Microsoft Office documents with Google Docs – this is something normally only available on Microsoft Windows. Check out this tutorial to make it happen on your Mac!
- How to install a grammar checker in OpenOffice Writer – using the language tool, you can add grammar checking functionality to Writer.
- How to replace OpenOffice with LibreOffice in Ubuntu – OpenOffice.org is the default office suite in Ubuntu 10.10. Use this how-to and switch to LibreOffice.
- Quick tip: To install a new font and make it available in your office software on a Mac, first you need to follow these simple steps to install the font, and then quit and restart your office software and the new font should be available.
- Create a pivot table in OpenOffice Calc, and Microsoft Office Excel!